2017-03-31

Fiat in Suriname?

Got a bit surprised to see a Fiat car in Suriname. That was a Fiat Palio Weekend made in Brazil, with plates from French Guyana. The engine was the very same TD70 that I got to know about 16 years ago in a trip to Uruguay. It does surprise me that Fiat doesn't have in Suriname the same strenght it has in other regional South American markets, since they have a fairly good relation of ruggedness and low cost. In many other countries, not just in South America, I already got the chance to drive Fiat Palio rental cars and they felt fairly good.

1 comment:

Gustavo said...

I own a 2003 Fiat Palio Weekend, but mine has the Fire 1.3 engine (called 1.2 in some countries) with 8 valves converted from gasoline-only to bifuel gasoline and compressed natural gas. I actually wanted a Diesel, but the price for this one was too good to let it go, and was easier to adapt an automatic clutch.